Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings – Delicious and Easy To Make
Are ya’ll looking for something that is going to bring you comfort and joy? Then you need to make my famous Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings. This is one meal your family will love from start to finish. I’m trying out new recipes with the Instant Pot. It’s sort of like trying to learn to drive a car all over again, but much easier the second time around. Cooking goes much faster, I love it. This post includes affiliate links.
Life has been crazy and a little comfort food is all I need. You guys, I grew up on Chicken & Dumplings but this is even better. Your family is going to ask you to make it over and over. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
All you need are a few ingredients to make this delicious recipe!
The first you will want to do is flatten out each biscuit to about 1/8″ thickness. I use a rolling pin but you can use the bottom of a cup. Whatever works! Use a knife to cut into 1/2″ strips. The refrigerated buttermilk biscuits personally for me work best. I have not tried my recipe using crescent rolls. If you do, please let me know how it turns out.
Place 1 teaspoon olive oil, chicken, oregano, onion powder, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into the instant pot and mix to coat. You can eliminate some of these seasonings, or cut amount to 1/2 teaspoon. It is a personal preference.
Turn instant pot to sauté the chicken (with the lid off) until lightly browned on all sides, stirring frequently. Make sure not to overcook your chicken. When finished, shut off instant pot by pressing cancel.
Seal lid of instant pot and close the pressure knob.
Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve. Serving size 4-6.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast cubed
- 1 tube 16oz refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten each biscuit to about 1/8" thickness. Use a knife to cut into 1/2" strips.
- Place 1 teaspoon olive oil, chicken, oregano, onion powder, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into the instant pot and mix to coat.
- Turn instant pot to sautee and cook chicken (with the lid off) until brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
- When finished, shut off instant pot by pressing cancel.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth, and 1 cup of water, carrots and peas to instant pot and mix well.
- Stir in biscuits.
- Seal lid of instant pot and close the pressure knob.
- Set instant pot to manual for 5 minutes.
- It may take 5-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and then you will see the count down of time from 5 minutes.
- Once cooking cycle is finished, press cancel to turn off the unit and quick release steam/pressure.
- Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Pin For Later