Irish Cream Chocolate Cupcakes Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day
Who’s in the mood for a new type of cupcake? I was in the mood to make something a little different this time around. I may not be Irish, but growing we would always do something fun to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. That’s where I came up with these Irish Cream Cupcakes. These cupcakes are perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
Seriously, basic ingredients are used that you probably already have in your home. The end result is delicious cupcakes that someone will have to slap your hand to get you to stop eating. Grab your husband or kids and make these cupcakes with them. Irish Cream Cupcakes for the win!
First, you will make your chocolate cupcakes. Let them cool before making the icing.
Finally, place icing into a piping bag and cut the tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
- 12 chocolate cupcakes baked and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- green food coloring
- Green & White Sprinkles
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, liquor and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture is combined.
- Add a dollop of green food coloring gels and beat well, for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy, making sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl every minute.
- Place icing into a piping bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
Pin For Later