Stuffed Blueberry and Cream Cheese French Toast Roll Ups
Breakfast is the one meal I am always looking for new ideas for. It can be so easy to get stuck in the rut of eating the same things, morning after morning. So this past weekend, I decide to skip eggs, toast, cereal, or yogurt. I had just bought blueberries a couple days before and seeing them in the fridge that morning, totally inspired me. I was determined to make something delicious and incorporate them in it. The moment I saw the cream cheese in the fridge, I knew what I was going to make. I tried my hand at making blueberry and cream cheese French toast roll ups.
How To Make Stuffed Blueberry French Toast:
- Mix together cream cheese and blueberries in a mixer or food processor until blueberries are pureed with the cream cheese.
- Remove crusts from slices of bread & roll them out flat.
- Spread blueberry mixture on each slice of bread.
- Roll each bread.
- Beat eggs with milk and vanilla.
- Dip each bread into the egg mixture.
- Melt butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Place french toast pieces in the pan and cook until golden brown turning so each side gets brown about 3 minutes.
Now, I’ll be honest, these were a little more for me than the family, as I absolutely love cheesecake inspired foods, but trust me, the entire family LOVED them. Next time I want to try making them with other fruits. Maybe blackberries or peach slices. Try them for your next breakfast; your family is sure to ask for seconds.
Serve and Enjoy!
Pin for Later:
Check Out These Recipes Using Blueberries:
- Instant Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Pie Tarts by Juggling Act Mama
- 25 Delicious Blueberry Pie Recipes